Wednesday, February 1, 2012


On February Friday 10th I'm inviting people to come and join me for a Jewellery Walking Weekend in Carna, Connemara, Co. Galway.

You will be staying at the family run Ostán Cuan Chárna (Carna Bay Hotel) in Carna which is located off the R340 80km from Galway city.

We leave the hotel at 11.00 am on Saturday morning for a 3 mile walk to one of the local beaches. At the beach you have the option to join me in a stroll in the cool but so invigorating waters of the Atlantic Ocean, it is magical for the mind and body!

Whether you decide to take the stroll in the sea or not a hot cup of spiced apple juice will be offered to warm you up.

We will then wander the shore to collect shells, which we will turn into jewellery on our return to the hotel.

Lunch at the hotel will be at 2.00pm.

Jewellery making class will commence at 3.00pm and finish around 6.00pm.

The cost of the weekend is €165.00 and includes 2 nights B&B, dinner on Saturday night and all materials for the jewellery class.

I will be updating the blog with more pictures and other Jewellery Walking Weekend coming shortly.

I hope to see you on the 10th. of February.

No comments:

Creation

Creation
Creation is a very textured piece, people are inclined to touch it, which is unusual for a painting I think, I know when I see a sculpture that I like I want to touch it, I think most galleries have it all wrong with all their signs of don't touch, work is made to be touched!

Poppies in the Wind

Poppies in the Wind
Poppies are my favourite flowers, simple and so vibrant. We all can identify them, are drawn to them. In each of our lives we all need to get away from our world, you can step into the painting and you are walking through the cornfield, the poppies welcoming you, it is a place of warmth and protection, you emerge relaxed in the knowledge that you have found a place to go whenever you need those moments of escape.